Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Trouble With Jesuits, Part 19

It's time for commencements, and the Jesuits schools are doing a bang-up job selecting its speakers! Let's take a look:

GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY: Secretary of the Treasury Jacob Lew. Said Mr. Lew about ObamaCare, "We didn’t expect to get the support of the bishops or all Catholics. We think it is a very good resolution of the problem. It’s gotten the support of a wide range of organizations from Catholic charities and the Catholic Health Association to Planned Parenthood."



BOSTON COLLEGE U. S. Secretary of State John Kerry. Kerry is pro-gay marriage and pro-abortion. He said,

“I am a Catholic.  And I grew up learning how to respect those views.  But I disagree with them, as do many.  I can't legislate or transfer to another American citizen my article of faith.  What is an article of faith for me is not something that I can legislate on somebody who doesn't share that article of faith.  I believe that choice is a woman's choice.  It's between a woman, God and her doctor.  That's why I support that.  I will not allow somebody to come in and change Roe v. Wade.” 

 Santa Clara College: Father Jon Sobrino, S.J., whose work was criticized by the Vatican as containing “erroneous and dangerous propositions” concerning the divinity of Jesus Christ, to deliver the commencement address to the Jesuit School of Theology graduate.

After the Vatican’s notification, Archbishop Fernando Sanez Lacalle, then archbishop of San Salvador, reportedly barred Fr. Sobrino from teaching theology in any Catholic center “until he revises his conclusions on a basic point of our faith: the divinity of Jesus Christ who is truly the Son of God made man.” 

Labels: , , ,