Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

They've Got an Aweful Lot of Coffee in Brazil!

Does drinking coffee break the Lenten Fast? Let's go to the expert, Father Z:

"As I have explained in the past, you can drink your Mystic Monk Coffee even on Ash Wednesday with and as part of your full meal and two small snacks.
BUT…. no other kind of coffee is permitted.*  Therefore buy lots of Mystic Monk Coffee NOW… before it’s TOO LATE!

Coffee would break the Eucharistic fast (one hour before Communion), since – pace fallentes  - coffee is no longer water, but not the Lenten fast on Ash Wednesday.
(A different priest friend argues that morning coffee is medicinal and, therefore, permitted.  Auctores scinduntur.)"

I ordered some of this today for my office workers as a Saint Patrick's Day gift.. I don't like flavored coffees but I do like promoting Irish Catholic Saints!




Labels: