Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Friday, March 13, 2009

Feast of St. Mochoemoc, March 13

St. Mochoemoc was either the brother or nephew of St. Ita, and also went by the names of Machaemhog, Puicherius, and Vuicherius.

As far as I can tell, he is the only Irish saint who did not know St. Patrick.

It's also the feast of St. Kevoca. Here's what www.catholic.org says about him:

"Scottish saint, honored in Kyle, Scotland. but now believed to be St. Mochoemoc. Also called Quivox."

Famous quote from the saint:

"You can call me Mochoemoc, or you can call me Machaemhog, or you can call me Puicherius, or you can call me Vuicherius, or you can call me Kevoca, or you can call me Quivox. Just don't call me late for Mass."

Labels: