Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Thursday, October 19, 2017

We Thought You Was a Toad!




LOS ANGELES, CA (California Network) -- Two prisoners from the Italian town of Napoli used a lunch meeting with Pope Francis as a chance to escape. The prisoners were part of a group of 20 that was invited to a lasagna lunch with the Holy Father in the city of Bolonga on Oct. 1.
Volunteers noticed two of the prisoners were missing and alerted police. The escaped inmates have not been found. The prisoners were housed in a facility that holds prisoners for rehabilitation as well as people who are considered a danger to society. It is unknown if the escapees were in the facility for rehabilitation or because they were dangerous.

Here's the Eye of the Tiber version:


Two prisoners in Bologna, Italy escaped during their lunch with Pope Francis yesterday, reportedly fleeing back to their jail cells after what they called a “harrowing experience.”
The two inmates, who are serving time at a social reintegration facility in Castelfranco Emilia, told EOTT that, though the few bites of lasagna they ate before ditching the lunch were amazing, they just “couldn’t stomach” another minute listening to His Holiness apologize for everything the Church has ever done.
“Don’t get me wrong, it is quite an experience to meet the Pope,” said inmate Giovanni Rotunda. “But he kept bowing to me and asking me to pray for him. By the tenth time I was really beginning to miss the prison food.”
Fellow inmate Dominic Bapideeboopi told EOTT that Pope Francis spent nearly half an hour explaining why the death penalty was contrary to Church teaching.
“I’m like, ‘Dude, let me eat.’ Of course I didn’t say that out loud, but the thing is is that I was just trying to have a pleasant afternoon, and to be honest, I’m a prisoner and I still believe in the death penalty! For goodness sakes, between all the praying for him, apologies on behalf of the Church, his near constant request to wash my feet, I just couldn’t take it anymore.”


That’s when, Bapideeboopi said, he and Rotunda looked at each other and nodded.
“That was all it took. We knew we just had maybe another hour or two there, but life is short—and we’d rather be spending our time in jail trying not to get shanked than being spiritually shanked by odd catechesis, if you know what I’m saying.”

Labels: , ,