Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Monday, July 24, 2017

76 Trombones Led the Spanish Mass

Apparently, all you  have to do is SAY your community is safe and welcoming and it becomes thus! Therefore, I declare myself to be rich and handsome! Voila!

The Jackson County Board faced a deadlock Tuesday evening as it failed to adopt a resolution that would proclaim the county as a safe and welcoming community for immigrants.
Six board members opposed the adoption of the resolution while six others voted in favor of it; with a split vote and no majority, the resolution did not pass.
However, Ana Migone, a family practitioner at SIH and a leader in the Spanish mass service at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, said she didn’t expect to see the level of animosity toward immigrants from the opposition.
“My heart was pounding so fast,” she said. “I was really worried that something was going to happen.”
Worried
I wonder how one becomes a "leader" in a "Spanish mass"? Do you just grab the baton?

Labels: