Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Monday, August 31, 2015

Islamic Outreach, Part LXIX

From an earlier post on this blog:

Pope Francis spoke to the diplomatic corps and amongst other things, said, "Hence it is important to intensify dialogue among the various religions, and I am thinking particularly of dialogue with Islam."

The response:

You must say with a sincere heart: ‘We will be your subjects; we will give you our strength’. You must in person come with your kings, all together, without exception, to render us service and pay us homage. Only then will we acknowledge your submission.
And if you don’t observe God’s command, and if you ignore my command, I shall know you as my enemy. Likewise I shall make you understand. If you do otherwise, God knows what I know!
Now you should say with a sincere heart: ‘I will submit and serve you and Thou thyself, at the head of all the Princes, come at once to serve and wait upon us! At that time I shall recognize your submission.

HA! Just kidding! That's what Guyuk Khan wrote to Pope Innocent IV in 1246 when the Pope asked the Great Khan to stop killing so many people.




.

Labels: , ,