Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Cardinal Dolan Will Be Notre Dame's Commencement Speaker




From Barack Obama to the Cardinal? How are the students reacting?

Camille Suarez says:

"I feel like this choice isn’t perfect for this moment. I was hoping Notre Dame would use this opportunity to kind of move the University forward, and I think this might be setting us back a couple steps.I hope he talks about Catholic Social Teaching because I think that’s one image of the Catholic Church that needs to be promoted. I hope he makes a call to the graduating student body and encourages us to use our [Notre Dame] degrees to promote Catholic Social Teaching and help the poor and suffering."

Julia Kohn says:

 “… everything I’ve read seems to indicate that he appears to have a political agenda rather than just being a religious figure, and I don’t agree with any of the views that his agenda suggests,” said Kohn. “I just don’t know what he’s going to talk about that’s going to be that relevant to my beliefs and opinions.”

Surely Rachel Chisausky will have something positive to say:

 “I was disappointed, because I don’t really know much about him but I’m not Catholic or really religious at all,” she said. “I just hope [his speech] is very open and applies to every student in the graduating body and not just to religious people.”

PLEASE NOTRE DAME - STOP CLAIMING TO BE A CATHOLIC UNIVERSITY!

Labels: ,