Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Monday, January 07, 2013

That's Not Funny!

I was driving to work this morning and heard a story on NPR about the Notre Dame vs. Alabama game tonight. It talked about the match-ups, and the history of both schools, and the cultural subtext, etc. But then the commentator mentioned that Alabama fans were upset about a t-shirt - saying it was stereotypical and hurtful and all that.


It was the first laugh of my day. Then later in the day, I saw this cartoon (xkcd.com):



Should I be offended? Because I'm not. I actually thought it was funny. I am going to assume it was meant as humor. But the people who are made over the t-shirt seemed to think it was a hand-wringing offense to their humanity. Am I wrong here?

Labels: