Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jesus Was a Refugee

Or so says Pope Benedict. His family was forced to flee to Egypt after the Magi ratted Jesus out (by mistake).

Well, OK. Refugees are different than migrants though. I think refugees are those under direct threat form their government - say, the Christians of the Arab (that is, Muslim) world. If they stay, they will in all likelihood suffer persecution and die. A migrant is someone who leaves for greener grass.

My personal opinion is that they should be treated differently - two lines, with immigrants moving faster.

Just my opinion - and we should be kind and respectful to both...

Reminds me of the time that Hillary Clinton said that Jesus was born in a manger because he was "homeless".