Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Graffiti


The defacing of St. Boniface; unfortunately, the American Papist doesn't say in what city this occurred. My reactions are mixed:

1) I wish the person had spelled it "Cathlicks".

2) If "Kill the Mooslims" had been sprayed on a mosque, we would have to get a hand-wringing lecture from Barack Obama about hate crimes.

3) We are bigger than the person who did this. Catholics will not riot; we will not complain about our oppression; we will not lash out in anger. We will pray for the person and hope he he sees the errors of his way and come to Christ. "I gave My back to those who strike Me, and my cheeks to those whose pluck out the beard; I did not cover My face from humiliation and spitting." (Isaiah 50:6)