Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mark Your Calendar!

We will begin using the Third Edition of the Roman Missal on the first Sunday of Advent in 2011. Strangely, a lot of the changes revert back to the the prayers I was taught 45+ years ago. I never changed, the Church did! For instance, in the Apostles' Creed Jesus will no longer "descend to the dead" but rather "Descend into Hell". Much clearer, don't you think? I like that the Niacene Creed has changed the plural "we" to the singular "I". I believe...

With any luck, hand holding during the Our Father will be banned along with any liturgical songs written after 1964.

Labels: