Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Friday, February 08, 2008

Feast of St. Richard of Lucca, February 7

 

St. Richard was married to another saint, St. Wuna. I think when St. Wuna got pregnant, they had a discussion like this:



St. Wuna: "What should we name the baby?"

St. Richard: "Well, if it's a boy, I like Robert and Ronald. For a girl, I like Rachel. What about you?"

St. Wuna: "I like Willibald and Winnibald. A girl's name I like is Walburga."

St. Richard: "Yes, dear."

And so it was. St. Richard and St. Wuna had three chldren named Willibald, Winnibald, and Walburga. ALL THREE BECAME SAINTS! I imagine those kids cleaned their rooms without having to be asked a million times.

Oh, and their uncle was St. Boniface (whose real name was Winfrid).

The photo is from a shrine to St. Walburga (from the left, Sts. Richard, Willibald, Walburga, Winnibald, and Wuna).
Posted by Picasa

Labels: