Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Animals in the Bible

 


For one, there are vultures. I have never cared for them - they're kinda creepy. As a result, I refuse to go to Makanda's Vulture Fest.

But the vulture does make the bible. They are mentioned in Proverbs, and in Job, and in the Gospel.

In Proverbs: ""The eye that mocks a father, that scorns obedience to a mother, will be pecked out by the ravens of the valley, will be eaten by the vultures."

In Job: "He wanders about--food for vultures; he knows the day of darkness is at hand."

In Luke: "Where, Lord?" they asked. He replied, "Where there is a dead body, there the vultures will gather."

I don't care. I still don't like them.
Posted by Picasa

Labels: