Non Tasarmi, Fratello!

“Wherever the Catholic sun doth shine, There’s always laughter and good red wine. At least I’ve always found it so. Benedicamus Domino!” Hillaire Belloc

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Feast of St. Patrick

 



We spent quite a bit of the last class session talking about this wonderful Saint, the man responsible for the abolition of slavery in Ireland in the early 400s - around 1400 years before the rest of the civilized world got the message. I'm guessing that the fact HE was a slave after being kidnapped by Irish raiders had something to do with it.

Part of a prayer supposedly written by him:

I arise today
Through God's strength to pilot me;
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to guide me,
God's eye to look before me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's word to speak for me,
God's hand to guard me,
God's way to lie before me,
God's shield to protect me,
God's hosts to save me
From snares of the devil,
From temptations of vices,
From every one who desires me ill,
Afar and anear,
Alone or in a mulitude.

Posted by Picasa

Labels: